Sunday 21 April 2013

Playing with Google App Engine

I am following the the Web Development (CS253) course offered by Udacity. If you do have spare time, I would recommend this course. Yes, I have worked with web technologies for few years, but this course is a good eye opener!. Above all its all free!. It is taught by Steve Huffman (co founder of reddit).

I primarily code in .NET and recently started looking at Python. I have to say, its so good, and refreshing. 

As a part of the course, we are introduced to Google App Engine. It is fantastic! 

One of the tasks in the course was to create a simple blog using Python and Google App Engine. The blog uses the Google App Engine data store, which is a massively scalable distributed database.  

If you have not used Google App Engine, have a look at today. 

My skeletal blog is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment